Rules of Play
Jollie’s Barn staff help parents supervise the play equipment to help enhance the children’s enjoyment, however, this is not a replacement for parental supervision. Jollie’s Barn cannot be held responsible for accidents which occur as a result of children playing on the equipment or in or around the building.
- Parents/Guardians are fully responsible for supervising their children at ALL times – If parents/guardians are not present due to a party – the parent/guardian who has booked the party is responsible for the child. At least ONE adult should be present for every FIVE children at a Party.
- Fighting or bullying will not be tolerated and guilty parties may be asked to leave – please report any incidents to a member of staff
- Strictly NO smoking on Jollie’s Barn premises
- No food, drink or chewing gum to be taken into the play area and only food/drink purchased on the premises can be consumed due to health and safety
- No glassware to be taken into the play area
- Remove shoes before entering the play area but keep socks on at all times
- Arms and legs should be covered at all times when in the play area and clothes with any loose ropes or cords should be removed
- Remove all jewellery, badges and other sharp objects
- Children who are unwell should not use the play equipment
- Children should all wash their hands before entering the play areas
- Leave all personal belongings with parents/guardians
- Children who wear glasses or contact lenses should take particular care
- No liability will be accepted for any losses, injuries, damage or theft
- All accidents must be reported to a member of staff immediately
- Play time is restricted to 2 hours during peak times
- Nobody with any contagious illness should visit the barn
- Height restrictions are in place 148 cm maximum
Terms & Conditions
At least ONE adult should be present for every FIVE children at the party.
A £50 non refundable (£100 for private hire) deposit is required before any booking is taken.
We need you to come into Jollie’s Barn at least 24 hours prior to the party to confirm numbers and a list of the guests attending. Or you can email this through to us again at least 24 hours in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org. After confirmation this is the number you will be charged for.
Parties are subject to a minimum number of 10 party guests (25 for private hire) – if these numbers are not reached you will be charged for the minimum full paying attendees.
The Party room caters for a maximum 30 children and the Treehouse caters for a maximum of 35 children. There are alternative areas for larger parties – please discuss your needs when booking.
Party times are available every day of the week
Party times are 10-12, 12.15-2.15, 2.30-4.30pm and 5-7pm for private hire. After school parties can be 4-6pm or slightly later with additional charges (£15 for 15 minutes or £30 for 30 minutes)
Please be advised we only guarantee 12 parental seats per party.
We politely request that guests do not arrive until the allocated party time and vacate promptly at the end of the party to allow us time to service the area for the next guests. You have sole use of the party space for 2 hours. During these 2 hours you will be allocated a party host. Their role is to ensure smooth running of your party, to serve food and drink to party guests, to arrange the cake and happy birthday song, to cut up the cake and place in party bags and to assist you.
Please note we do not arrange any party games. If you require games please advise us when booking your event.
Any additional siblings accompanying party guests will be charged our normal entrance costs. For private hire siblings will be charged £4.95 this includes a meal deal.
Please ensure you have read the Rules of Play which are displayed within Jollie’s Barn and are available on our website.
We have a selection of characters that can attend your party charged at £5 for 10 minutes or we have a list of external companies for character visits. If you choose not to use ours or one of our recommended companies please ensure they have a valid DBS certificate/Public liability insurance that we need to see at least 24 hours prior to the party.
Please ensure you complete your party review sheet straight after your party. We review all feedback – any issues to be raised needs to be done within 24 hours of the party to ensure we can follow it up. Kind regards Management.